Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

ANZAC DAY    

We celebrate ANZAC day  to remember the men and women who fought to protect us.
ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. When world war 1 finished that’s when we started ANZAC day,  especially to honour those brave men who fought at Gallipoli. 

I made a lantern out of a milk bottle and drew a poppy on each side. The poppy is the symbol connected to ANZAC day because so many grew on the fields where the soldiers died. ANZAC day is important to my family because my mum and my dad were both in the Australian Army. My dad was a parachute rigger and my mum was in the military police.


3 comments:

  1. Well done Christian - very clear explanation about what ANZAC is - and your lantern is a very creative idea, I hadn't thought of that. You might like to add these things to your flipgrid - so others can see.
    Miss Gill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morena Christian,

    You certainly do understand what ANZAC day is all about. Nice to read that the day is special to your family. Do you think you will join the Army when you are older?
    I like the lanterns that you made. They would have looked really special on ANZAC morning. Where did you get the idea to make these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christian

    You have shown a lot of great knowledge about ANZAC Day and why it is special.
    Your ANZAC lanterns look beautiful and you look very happy to be using them in the dark.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post